Well, yesterday I baked an extra sweet potato and blended it up with some healthy chickpeas to make an amazing hummus that my husband and I tore up:)
This makes a huge bowl- big enough to bring to a party this Holiday Season.
We put the large bowl of delicious Sweet Potato Hummus on a plate, along with some organic granny smith apple slices and Ezekiel pita bread for dipping. I had to stop myself from eating the whole bowl- yeah it’s that good. This would also be delicious served with some healthy homemade Cinnamon Apple Chips!
- 1 medium sized organic baked Sweet Potato, cooled and skin removed
- 1 can of Chickpeas, about 1 1/2 cups (I used 365 no salt added for this)
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, I used Spectrum Organic Virgin)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup (I used Coombs, Grade B) Use more for a sweeter taste
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk (I used West Soy unsweetened organic soy milk, but almond milk would also be really good) You can omit this and add more oil- if you like
- Place all ingredients in your blender and Blend!!!
- Taste and adjust
- Put and in bowl.
- EAT UP!!!!!
Makes 4 Huge servings
The Healthy: per serving: Cals: 158, Protein: 5g. Carbs: 26g, Fat: 5g